AUGUST 8-12, 2017 AT SCHELL PARK, MILLEDGEVILLE, il
Entry forms & details
for all departments
A simple-to-use daily schedule of events during Fair Week
Map to the fairgrounds
& contact information
HOSPITALITY & FREE EVENTS
Do you know how many free things there are to do at the fair once you come inside? Check out the hospitality tent offerings as well as all the other things you can enjoy for free!
- Mobile Hearing Unit screen for hearing loss, presented by the Carroll County Lions Clubs, Wednesday, August 9th from 9am to 2pm
- Mobile Diabetic Retinopathy Screen Unit for those at high risk for diabetic retinopathy, presented by the Carroll County Lions Clubs, Wednesday, August 9th from 9am to 2pm
- Inspired Painting Party - Come paint a cow (any breed coloring you want!) on a piece of wood -- No experience necessary -- Wednesday, August 9th, starting every 45 minutes from 6-9pm. Stop by the fair office to reserve a space at the table. For adults & children 3rd grade and up. (Children must have parent there.) Click here for a flyer with details >
- Joe Stebbing, Chainsaw Carving. Demonstrations at 2pm, 4pm, 6pm and 8pm Wednesday, Thursday and Friday; and at 10am, noon, 2pm and 4pm Saturday. There will be an auction of his carvings at 6pm on Saturday.
What Else is Free?
- How fast can you go in the Big Wheel Races?
- Can you beat your best friend in the Bicycle Races?
- Wander down to the show ring at the east end, and watch the beef and dairy, sheep, and poultry being judged. Did you agree with the judge?
Now stroll through the other departments at the west end:
- How would your penmanship compare to your classmates?
- Check out those table settings. Wow!
- Look at the artwork on display!
- Check out the decorated cakes.
- Would you like a bunny like the ones shown in the Rabbit Barn?
- Check out the business displays and enter ALL the drawings.
- How about the variety of projects in the 4-H building?
- Do you like to reminisce? Visit the Antique Tractor Display and then stop in to see all kinds of antiques in the green building at the west end. What is that strange contraption?
ENJOY THE FREE GRANDSTAND
Watch the Truck Pull and Tri-County Pullers (Mini-Rods) on Tuesday; Tractor Pull on Wednesday; Ag Olympics, Lil’ Ag Olympics and State Line Drive on Thursday; and Garden Tractor Pull on Saturday. Watch the horse show on Saturday!
Find a seat, reconnect with friends, and enjoy the outdoors!
Download the 2017 Fair Book for all information & forms